The previously rumored Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II lens is now officially announced. Here are the first hands-on reviews of the lens. Recap of Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens.
The new Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens offers a constant f/2.8 aperture on a telephoto zoom.
The US price is $2,798, $200 higher than the original version was launched for. Shipping is scheduled to begin in December 2021.
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens Key Features:
- World’s lightest large aperture 70-200mm F2.8 telephoto zoom lens
- F 2.8 constant aperture for extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution from XA (Extreme Aspheric ) and Aspheric lens elements
- Suppressed chromatic aberration from Super ED and ED elements
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Four XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Beautiful bokeh from 11 – blade circular aperture and XA lens element
- Close minimum focusing distance of 1.32 ft at 70mm / 2.69 ft at 200mm
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Three customizable focus hold buttons