Best memory cards for Sony a7R V camera, including CFexpress Type A cards and UHS-II SD cards. In this guide you can find our recommendations on the best memory cards for Sony a7R V.
The Sony a7R V cinema camera has dual memory card slots that both accept either CFexpress cards (Type A) or UHS-II SD cards.
The Sony a7R V is Sony’s latest high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera released at the end of 2022, replaced the Sony a7R IV. Sony a7RV is designed for most pro photographers in the world. In order to max use of this camera, you’d better get a fast memory card for a7R V.
Below are the best memory cards for Sony a7R V, including CFexpress cards (Type A) and UHS-II SD cards. Hope our recommendations help you to the best out of your Sony A7R5 mirrorless camera.
CFexpress Type A Cards | SD Cards | Memory Card Readers
Best CFexpress Type A Cards for Sony a7RV
The Sony a7R V supports the CFexpress Type A cards in both card slots. Below you can find the full list of top recommended CFexpress Type A cards for Sony a7R V mirrorless camera.
CFexpress Type A cards for a7R V
- Lexar Gold Series Professional CFexpress Type A Card: The fastest CFexpress Type-A card on the market, available in both 80GB and 160GB capacities.
- Delkin Devices BLACK CFexpress Type A Card: Super fast, include a 48 Hour Replacement Guarantee, 80GB and 160GB capacities.
- Delkin Devices POWER CFexpress Type A Card: Great choice just like the BLACK cards.
- Sony TOUGH CFexpress Type A Card: The largest CFexpress Type-A cards on the market: available in 80GB, 160GB, 320GB and 640GB capacities. Beyond its speed, this TOUGH memory card also has a reinforced physical design to withstand falls from up to 15′ and has been rigidity tested to 70 N of force. It’s also resistant to extreme temperatures, X-rays, electrostatic, and UV lighting.
- ProGrade Digital Cobalt CFexpress Type A Card: Although not as tough as the Sony cards, they do feature a metal enclosure/encasement to endure high temperatures while providing better thermal conductivity. Built-in thermal throttling to protect your card and its content in the event of overheating.
|CFexpress Type A Cards||Max. Read Speed||Max. Write Speed||Buy Now|
|Lexar Gold Series Professional CFexpress Type A Card||900 MB/s||800 MB/s||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
|Delkin Devices BLACK CFexpress Type A Card||880 MB/s||790 MB/s||B&H|
|Delkin Devices POWER CFexpress Type A Card||880 MB/s||790 MB/s||B&H|
|Sony TOUGH CFexpress Type A Card||800 MB/s||700 MB/s||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
|ProGrade Digital Cobalt CFexpress Type A Card||800 MB/s||700 MB/s||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Best SD Cards for Sony a7R V
The Sony a7R V also supports the widely used UHS-II SD cards in both card slots. Below you can find the full list of top recommended UHS-II SD cards for Sony a7R V mirrorless camera.
UHS-II SD cards for a7R V
- Kingston Canvas React Plus UHS-II SD Card (V90): Super fast and best value! If you are looking for a fast, reliable and affordable UHS-II SD card for your camera, then look no further with the Kingston Canvas React Plus UHS-II SD Card. Available in 32GB (SDHC), 64GB, 128GB and 256GB (SDXC) sizes.
- PNY X-PRO 90 UHS-II SD Card (V90): Another affordable UHS-II SD card with great performance. 64GB, 128GB, 256GB capacities.
- Sony SF-G Tough UHS-II SD Card (V90): The fastest and most expensive UHS-II SD cards on the market. Sony has built the Tough Series with a rugged design that can withstand drops up to 16.4′ / 5m, immersion in up to 16.4′ / 5m of water for up to 72 hours, and is bend, dust, X-ray, magnet, and anti-static proof, and resistant to UV light and temperature extremes from -13 to 185°F.
- SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-II SD Card (V90): A great choice for anyone looking for a high-speed UHS-II SD card.
- ProGrade Digital UHS-II SDXC Card (V90): A high performance memory card offering blazing fast read and write speeds, as well as impressive capacity options: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The 512GB card is the largest and the cheapest option and is optimized for 6K, 5K, 4K, UHD 4K, and high bit rate MPEG-4.
- Delkin Devices Power UHS-II SDXC Card (V90): A high-performance and affordable SD card that can record and store 8K, 4K, 3D, and HDR video, as well as high-speed burst mode photos.
Memory Card Readers
If you don’t want to use USB-C to copy files to your computer then you will need a card reader. Some of the options are listed below.
|Memory Card Readers||Price||Buy Now|
|Sony MRW-G2 CFexpress Type A/SD Memory Card Reader||$118||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
|ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type A & UHS-II SDXC Dual-Slot Card Reader||$79||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
|Sony UHS-II SD Memory Card Reader||$26.65||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
This is the whole recommendation list of the best memory cards for the a7R V. We hope this buying guide can help you get the most out of your Sony a7R V camera.
Leave a Reply