Samyang is already teasing the upcoming 35-150mm f/2.0-2.8 mirrorless lens (official announcement on April 6th). Here are the latest leaks (specifications and pictures):
The upcoming Samyang AF 35-150mm f/2.8 FE Lens will be much cheaper than Tamron 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD lens. In other words, it is basically a competitor to the Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD lens. It’s not as big as the Tamron, but it’s more compact and affordable.
The current Tamron 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD lens is now in stock at B&H Photo / Amazon, Adorama for $1,899.
Samyang 35-150mm f/2.0-2.8 Lens Specifications
- High-end design
- Outstanding resolution corner-to-corner
- Impressive bokeh with f/2-f/2.8 aperture
- Fast AF performance
- Enhanced functionality with the custom switch and button
- Minimum shooting distance: 1.08ft
- Weather-sealed lens
- Optimized features for video shooting:
- Dolly shot
- Linear MF
- Digital par-focal
The upcoming Samyang 35-150mm f/2.0-2.8 lens is already listed on Amazon UK:
Samyang 35-150mm f/2.0-2.8 Lens Features
- Absolute all-rounder: the Samyang AF 35-150 mm F2.0-2.8 FE is an all-in-one zoom lens that covers the most common focal length range. It is suitable for travel, reportations, events, portraits, stills, landscapes, close-ups to architectural and street photography, and is suitable for all system cameras with Sony E-mount, full format such as APS-C.
- Modern and professional features: the lens has a variety of professional functions, including 2x focus hold button for more comfort when taking photos and films, a zoom lock switch that prevents the lens from slipping out during transport, a custom switch with 3 programmable functions and an AF/MF switch for quick switching between autofocus and manual focus.
- Perfect for video recordings: the Samyang AF 35-150 mm F2.0-2.8 FE also offers numerous video features such as Par focal, Cinematic Video AF and Dolly Shot Zoom, which allow stable video recording and precise control of the zoom.
- Excellent image quality and smooth boke: thanks to the high light intensity, the lens delivers excellent image quality over the entire focal length range, from the centre to the edge. With a beautiful, soft and harmonious bokeh, it is perfect for freestanding motifs, such as portraits.
- Fast and quiet auto focus: the Samyang AF 35-150 mm lens has a fast, quiet and precise LSTM autofocus that is perfect for photos and videos. It also supports modern camera functions such as Hybrid AF, Eye AF and AF Assist function.
- Box contents: 1x Samyang AF 35-150 mm F2.0-2.8 FE for Sony E, 2x covers (front and back), 1x lens hood, 1x lens bag
Samyang AF 35-150 mm F2.0-2.8 FE – The all-round lens for Sony E cameras. The Samyang AF 35-150 mm F2.0-2.8 FE lens for Sony E-mount cameras is an absolute all-round talent. With a focal length range of 35 mm to 150 mm, it covers the most common applications, from nature shots to portraits to telephoto shots. The lens is equipped with the Samyang autofocus, which works particularly quickly and quietly, even when filming. This allows you to achieve stable and sharp video recordings. Perfect for photos and videos. The video properties of the lens are particularly impressive. The functions Cinematic Video AF, Par Focal and Dolly Shot Zoom allow professional video production. The lens maintains sharpness when zooming and allows for a smooth and quiet camera ride. Modern equipment for maximum comfort. The modern features of the lens offer maximum comfort when taking photos and filming. With the 2x Focus Hold Button, the focus is easy to lock, while the zoom lock switch prevents the lens from slipping out during transport. The AF/MF switch allows for quick switching between auto focus and manual focus. With the custom switch, individual settings can be made.
Leave a Reply