The Japanese website CAPA Camera announced the top 10 best selling camera sales ranking for Japanese retailer Yodobashi Camera in the Second half of May 2022. The Sony a7 IV body wins the NO. 1 best selling camera. The “α7s III” followed in 2nd place, deciding a one-two finish.
Top 10 brand new digital camera sales ranking from May 16th to May 31st, 2022:
- 2nd: Sony a7S III Body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 3rd: Canon EOS R6 Body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 4th: Canon EOS R3 Body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 5th: Sony FX3 body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 6th: Nikon Z9 Body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 7th: Sony a7 III Lens Kit
(Body + FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS)
- 8th: Sony a7 III Body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 9th: Nikon Z fc 16-50 VR SL lens kit (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
- 10th: Nikon Z7 II body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
Sony a7 IV: Best Selling in the Second Half of May 2022
- The first place is Sony a7 IV following the previous one. Sony has continued to protect the top while switching models, but this time Sony a7 IV won the championship for the second time in a row, and five models were in the top ten.
- Canon has prevented Sony from conquering the top ranks, but the impression that it lacks momentum cannot be wiped out. The ranking of the Canon EOS R3 since the second half of February is a nice result, but the fact that the Canon EOS R5 is out of the rank is an unexpected big brake. Perhaps the refraining from buying due to the announcement of the “EOS R7” and “EOS R10” has already begun.
- All three Nikon models in the top 10 have the same features as last time. The effect of the cashback campaign that is being held until the end of June is also expected. It seems that the supply of Nikon Z9 is still unstable, and it will be interesting to see if the supply shortage will be resolved and the development will jump to the top at once.
At one point, Sony had no sales due to the suspension of orders for popular models and the shortage of supply of the new product Sony a7 IV, but recently the supply of Sony a7 IV has revived and it has become a little more energetic.
For Canon, Cnaon EOS R3 has been ranked in for the first time in a while, but the regular R5 has been out of the rank. Canon EOS R5 is not a model that directly competes with Canon R7 and R10, but is it a wait-and-see purchase?
Nikon is ranked in 3 models this time as well, and recently, multiple models have been stably ranked in. We would like to see how far the ranking will rise if Nikon Z9 is sufficiently supplied.