It is anticipated that the announcement of the Sony a7 IV will be delayed due to the worldwide chip production shortage. The Sony a7 IV mirrorless camera was originally scheduled to be announced in September and a release date in October 2021.
The Sony ZV-E10 launch event has been postponed for two months because of the chip shortage. Other camera makers also had to postpone mass production of their new units. Semiconductor manufacturers are working hard to increase production, but chip supply problems will not be resolved until early 2022.
So, at this stage, will Sony stick to the September announcement for Sony a7 IV and just postpone the final shipping date from October to November or December, or Sony will somehow avoid semiconductor supply problems? It is stated that this model, which will replace the Sony a7 III may be an intermediate update.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
- Announcement around September 2021
Read more Sony Rumors and Sony News.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Leave a Reply