You can find whole details about the Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM II Lens Review below.
From Photographyblog conclusion:
The FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS is the first ever G-Master lens that Sony have decided to update, and while the original version was itself no slouch, it’s clear that this new Mark II edition is a step above its predecssor in virtually every regard.
Offering even greater sharpness, more pleasing bokeh effects, faster auto-focusing, improved weather-resistance, a closer focusing distance, more controls including the very welcome aperture ring, and a much lighter construction, Sony have really gone to town on making this their best possible 70-200mm lens.
It delivers outstanding sharpness in the centre of the frame throughout virtually all of its entire aperture and zoom range, distortion and vignetting are well controlled, and bokeh is noticeably nicer than on the original.
Other than a tendency for exhibiting a little too much flare when shooting directly into the sun, there’s almost nothing to complain about and lots to like when it comes to image quality.
The Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens offers very fast and very reliable auto-focusing on the A7R IV camera that we tested it with, again being noticeably better than the Mark I lens.
Although some shooters won’t be overly interested, instead preferring to use the cameras’ control dials, the aperture ring is a great addition, especially as it can be de-clicked for video recording.
We’re sure that everyone will appreciate the Mark II’s weight loss, with Sony somehow managing to make it weigh 29% less than the original despite being virtually identical in size.
Which leaves the price as being the only real downside of this new lens – £2600 / $2800 is even more than the original version launched at, although the Mark II offers so many improvements that the moderate price hike is justified.
You can still buy the original version, but if you’re going to spend this kind of money on a 70-200mm F2.8 zoom, please make sure that it’s the FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II that you’re ordering – you won’t be disappointed…
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens Key Features:
- Worlds lightest large aperture 70-200mm F2.8 telephoto zoom lens
- F 2.8 constant aperture for extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution from XA (Extreme Aspheric ) and Aspheric lens elements
- Suppressed chromatic aberration from Super ED and ED elements
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Four XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Beautiful bokeh from 11 – blade circular aperture and XA lens element
- Close minimum focusing distance of 1.32 ft at 70mm / 2.69 ft at 200mm
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Three customizable focus hold buttons