Sony Japan has announced that the release of the FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens (SELP1635G) will be postponed to summer of 2022. Designed for E-mount camera systems, the US price of the lens is $1,200 and available for pre-order.
|Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G||Pre-Order||Amazon US, BHphoto|
Notice and apology for postponement of release of “FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G (SELP1635G)” lens for digital single-lens camera α E moun
Thank you for your continued patronage of Sony products.
At the time of the press announcement on March 22, 2022 (Tuesday), the release date was set to “April 28, 2022 (Thursday)”. Digital single-lens camera α E mount lens “FE PZ 16-35mm” Regarding “F4 G”, we have decided to postpone the release due to the impact of global distribution delays. The new release date is scheduled for the summer of 2022, but we will announce it as soon as it is confirmed.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers who are looking forward to the release as it is just before the release. We will do our utmost to deliver the product as soon as possible, and we appreciate your understanding.
Digital single-lens camera α E mount lens “FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G”
<At the time of announcement on March 22, 2022 (Tuesday)> Released on April 28, 2022 (Thursday) → Scheduled to be released in the summer of 2022
[Acceptance of product orders]
After this announcement, we have decided to suspend the acceptance of orders from our distributors and the acceptance of orders from customers at the Sony store.
* The release date and resumption of order acceptance will be announced on the product information page as soon as it is confirmed.
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Features
- The world’s lightest full-frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens
- Outstanding resolution in an ultralight compact G Lens (12.5 oz)
- Power zoom using 4 XD Linear Motors for responsive operation and control
- Reduced focus breathing/shift for refined movie imagery
- Fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking by 2 XD Linear Motors for movies and stills
- Naturally rendered bokeh and excellent close-up performance (min focus 9.5″)
- Consistent balance for easy handling with internal focus and zoom structures
- Focus, zoom and aperture rings with lock and click on/off functions
- Constant or variable zoom speed from lens or compatible cameras/remotes
- Dust and moisture resistant design and front fluorine coating for reliability