The Japanese website CAPA CAMERA announced that the Sony a7C with 28-60mm lens kit was the No.1 best-selling camera for Japanese retailer Yodobashi Camera in the first half of August 2021. The Sony a7C body gets the 2nd position while the Canon EOS R5 coming in third.
Top 10 brand new digital camera sales ranking (August 1st to August 15th, 2021):
- 1st: Sony a7C Zoom Lens Kit
(Body+FE 28-60mm F4-5.6)
- 2nd: Sony a7C body
- 3rd: Canon EOS R5 Body
- 4th: Sony a7 III body
- 5th: Sony a7S III body
- 6th: Sony A6400 Double Zoom Lens Kit
(Body+E PZ 16-50mm+E 55-210mm)
- 7th: Nikon Z 5 with 24-70 Limited set
(Body ＋ NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f / 4 S ＋ Accessories)
- 8th: Canon EOS R6 Body
- 9th: Sony A7 III lens Kit
(Body + FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS)
- 10th: Nikon Z7 II Body
Sony is expanding its series of G lenses for full-frame cameras to include three fixed focal lengths: the Sony FE 50mm F2.5 G (model name SEL-50F25G), the FE 40mm F2.5 G (model name SEL-40F25G), and the FE 24mm F2 .8 G (model name SEL-24F28G). These lenses are aimed at both still photographers and video shooters.
The new announced Sony FE 24mm f/2.8 G, FE 40mm f/2.5 G, FE 50mm f/2.5 G lenses now available for pre-order online.
- Sony FE 24mm f/2.8 G lens – $598 – Pre-order at Amazon | BHphoto | Adorama.
- Sony FE 40mm f/2.5 G lens – $598 – Pre-order at Amazon | BHphoto | Adorama.
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 G lens – $598 – Pre-order at BHphoto | Adorama.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography