ZHIYUN is one of the world’s leading manufacturers when it comes to gimbals for filmmakers, cameras and smartphones with stabiliser solutions for all production sizes and budgets. Today the company has announced the release of the all new WeeBill 3 designed for use with mirrorless and DSLR cameras. Continue reading “New Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-3 Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer with Built-In Micophone and Fill Light”
Sony has announced the ECM-B10, price tag $250, a compact three-in-one shotgun microphone for vlogging and interview-style videos that’s just 79.3mm long.
The Sony ECM-B10 price tag will be $250 with a release date set for July 2022. You can now order the new Microphone at BHphoto and Adorama. Continue reading “Sony launches ECM-B10 3-in-1 compact shotgun microphone”
Sony UWP-D Wireless Microphone Series is available for pre-order now at BHphoto.
New Sony UWP-D wireless microphone series for sound as good as your content
The URX-P41D two-channel portable receiver supporting Multi Interface Shoe with Digital Audio Interface and advanced XDCAM camcorder integration
Basingstoke, April 6th, 2022 – Sony announces today the new URX-P41D two-channel portable receiver, supporting MI (Multi Interface) shoe with Digital Audio Interface. The URX-P41D, boasts all the key features included in the 4th Generation UWP-D Series, such as improved high sound quality from Digital Audio Processing, NFC Sync for quick and easy set-up from Receiver to Transmitter and functions such as Auto Gain mode and Output level control, making the job of recording sound even easier.
As part of the market leading UWP-D Series, the URX-P41D will work with all UWP-D transmitters (backwards compatible with previous generations) and will be available as a stand-alone receiver and as part of a new kit, the UWP-D27, which will include two UTX-B40 Bodypack Transmitter.
The URX-P41D is ideal for many users ranging from broadcast and news productions, to run and gun style interviews, or documentaries and series productions, using Sony’s XDCAM™ camcorders and Alpha™ interchangeable lens cameras*
Key new features include:
1) Digital audio interface to improve sound quality
- Sony’s Digital Audio Processing, which uses DSP (digital signal processing) for digital companding, improves sound quality by optimizing a time-constant range between the transmitter and receiver, making the reproduction of sound more accurate. It provides superb transient response performance which for interview style recording means the audio is clear and crisp.
- Using the SMAD-P5 MI shoe adaptor enables direct digital audio recording and delivers high sound quality with low noise by skipping the D/A and A/D process. This interface is compatible with a wide range of Sony’s XDCAM camcorders and Alpha interchangeable lens cameras.* It also integrates seamlessly with Sony’s camcorders and displays audio information on the viewfinder for enhanced usability in the field.
2) “NFC SYNC” function to allow quick and easy channel setting
- Simple and quick channel setting for reliable RF transmission when time pressure is high is becoming crucial. Delivering enhanced usability, the unique “NFC SYNC” feature is designed for easy and fast frequency setting. By simply holding the NFC SYNC button on the receiver for a few seconds, it automatically scans the appropriate frequency. Thereafter, just touching the receiver to the transmitter will sync the channel for optimum speed and efficiency.
3) Compact form factor, with improved ergonomics
- By reducing the size of the receiver from previous generations, the URX-P41D can sit on top of the camera or ILC attached to the MI shoe or cold shoe allowing for improved balance on the camera
4) External Microphone Input and Three-channel mixing function
- The External Microphone Input for an additional wired microphone widens the sound capture options. Three-channel audio recording is available by using a Sony’s lavalier microphone through the external microphone input. Furthermore, four-channel audio recording is also possible when using a stereo microphone through the external microphone input.
5) Stable RF reception**
- The URX-P41D can reduce interruptions in reception (RF signal dropout), by utilizing a space diversity reception system, which achieves highly stable reception because of its two receiving antennas. The angle of the antennas on the portable receiver can also be adjusted, which helps to further eliminate signal dropout.
6) Functions to improve performance when on location
- Auto gain mode and Output level control brings the user peace of mind that the audio levels are correct when out in the field. Auto gain will help to prevent any unwanted distortion and Output level control (when using XLR cable) allows the user to increase the output level where necessary.
The URX-P41D and UWP-D27 will be available from April 2022 onwards
All UWP-D series models can be found on pro.sony/uwpd
*Please visit the Sony website to check compatibility between SMAD-P5 and applicable camcorders and cameras for Digital Output through the MI Shoe
** Higher stability, true diversity reception in single channel operation mode.
ProGrade Digital officially announced the new 160GB CFexpress Type A Cobalt Memory Card. The US price is $329.99.
ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type A cards provide read speeds up to 800MB/s and burst write speeds up to 700MB/s. In addition, ProGrade Digital’s CFexpress Type A card delivers a minimum sustained write speed of 400MB/s (VPG 400) – specifically designed for high-resolution video capture.
- 160GB Storage Capacity
- NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Bus
- Max Read Speed: 800 MB/s
- Max Write Speed: 700 MB/s
- Min Write Speed: 400 MB/s
- Records Raw 4K Video
- Records 8K, 6K, and 4K ProRes Video
- Metal Enclosure for Temperature Control
- Built-In Thermal Throttling
- Shock / Vibration / X-Ray Proof
Best Memory Cards for Sony a1. Looking for the best memory cards for Sony a1? Here is the guide for you to get the top recommended CFexpress cards and SD cards for Sony a1 mirrorless camera.
The Sony a1 has dual memory card slots that are both compatible with both durable, highly efficient CFexpress Type A cards and widely available UHS-II SD cards. Meaning that you can take full advantage of the write speeds and read speeds of UHS-II cards to get the best out of your Sony a1 camera.
Additionally, the Sony a1 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) has 2x memory card slots that both support CFexpress Type A cards and UHS-II SD cards. Although SD cards and CFexpress Type A cards are not the same in size, both card slots in the Sony a1 will accept either card type. In this article you can find our top recommended CFexpress cards & SD cards for Sony a1 based on the speed and price. Continue reading “Best Memory Cards for Sony a1”