Sony officially announced the new Xperia 1 IV smartphone. The US price is $1,598 and it will be released on September 1, 2022. The new Sony Xperia 1 IV is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&HPhoto, Adorama.
The Xperia 1 IV has three rear cameras, each producing 12MP images using a Sony Exmor RS image sensor. While the sensor sizes vary, resolution and 4K/120p HDR video capabilities are available across all three. The 16mm F2.2 camera uses a 1/2.5-inch type image sensor. The main camera offers a 24mm equivalent lens with an F1.7 aperture and a large 1/1.7-inch type sensor with SteadyShot optical image stabilization. Rounding out the trio is the new, world’s first, 85-125mm optical zoom lens with a variable F2.3-2.8 aperture and 1/3.5-inch type OIS-equipped sensor. The zoom uses a periscope design to deliver true optical zoom across its range.
Sony Xperia 1 IV Smartphone Key Features
- GSM/4G LTE + 5G Sub6/mmWave Compatible
- Rear Triple 12MP Cameras & 3D iTOF
- Telephoto with 85-125mm Optical Zoom
- All Rear Lenses Shoot 4K/120p HDR
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform
- 512GB Storage Capacity + 12GB of RAM
- 6.5″ 4K HDR 21:9 120 Hz OLED Screen
- Micro-HDMI for DSLR Streaming/Monitor