Atomos officially announced new firmware update. AtomOS 10.64 firmware update for the Ninja V available to download from their website for free.
This firmware upgrade brings some much awaited improvements to ProRes RAW recordings from the Sony A7sIII.
Atomos Firmware Update v10.64 for Ninja V Details:
- Additional support for Sony Alpha 7sIII in Final Cut Pro
- ProRes RAW: WB and ISO metadata support for FCP settings slider adjustments
Some Known Limitations
According to the firmware update release notes from the Atomos website, you should be aware of some known limitations or bugs with the Ninja V HDR monitor/recorder and certain cameras.
- Sometimes, the Ninja V may not lock to a RAW video signal from the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III for ProRes RAW, when the recorder is switched between playback and record modes
- Ninja V may not recommence recording automatically when momentarily losing video signal lock from the Sony Alpha 7sIII or Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III due to a faulty cable connection.
- Non-RAW Dual Link SDI video cannot be monitored when in ProRes RAW mode. To monitor and record Dual Link SDI modes please use either ProRes or DNx modes.
- In some cases, dual link video from the Panasonic Varicam LT may not lock when switching from single link video mode. If this happens, you need to reboot the Ninja V.
Head over to Atomos.com to download firmware update v10.64 for the Ninja V.