The Sony A7 IV is a mid-range full-frame mirrorless camera with 33 Megapixels, 10fps bursts, 10-bit 4k up to 60p, webcam capabilities and a flip-out screen.
Sony a7 IV Key Features:
- 33MP Full-Frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Up to 10 fps Shooting, ISO 100-51200
- 4K 60p Video in 10-Bit, S-Cinetone
- 3.68m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3″ 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 759-Pt. Fast Hybrid AF, Real-time Eye AF
- Focus Breathing Compensation
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Creative Looks and Soft Skin Effect
- 4K 15p UVC/UAC Streaming via USB Type-C
Sony Alpha 7 IV Pros:
- Excellent stills image quality
- Smooth high-quality movie shooting
- Bionz XR Processor
- Dust and moisture resistance
- 5 Axis SteadyShot
- Human, animal or bird Eye/Face AF tracking
- Low noise
- 10fps shooting
- Ergonomic control layout
- High-quality manufacture
Sony Alpha 7 IV Cons:
- Very complex menus that are not always intuitive
- Full manual online only
From the verdict:
Equally suited for stills or video, with a great performance and handling extremely well, the Sony A7 IV has a lot going for it. Yes, it’s the most expensive of its peers, by which are meant the full-frame options of up to 33MP, but it is a hybrid camera that does tackle both stills and video in the one package.
The handling is excellent, and the only questions regard the menu style, which may or may not suit the user. Familiarity will help no doubt, but the overall set-up is, in this reviewer’s opinion, somewhat over-complex.
In summary, a very high-quality package that should consistently deliver the highest quality of results – ‘Highly Recommended’.