Here is a new Samyang 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens Review. Julia Trotti published a new video review for the new superb Samyang lens.
Samyang (branded Rokinon in US) AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens ($999 at B&H) is a medium-length telephoto prime lens designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras for portraiture, landscapes and astrophotography.
Tested on the A7 IV and A7 III for photography and the A7sIII for video, this is the real world review of the new Samyang 135mm f1.8 AF lens for Sony E mount. Check it out :
Samyang Rokinon AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens Features
- Medium-length telephoto prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Ultra-precision aspherical element provides natural and refined bokeh.
- Ultra multicoating reduces flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control.
- Custom switch can be used for lens-based control over select exposure or shooting functions, such as aperture selection, with additional settings coming via future firmware updates.
- Focus hold button lets you keep the lens locked to your desired focusing distance. Also allows you to assign functions such as Eye AF in settings on the camera body.
- Focus limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 27 to 79″ for closeup shooting or 59″ to infinity for standard shooting.
- Astro-focus mode for astrophotography.
- Eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Weather-sealed construction helps protect against dust and moisture.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
See also this video review about the 3 Essential Sony Prime Lenses. These three lenses are Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 G Master (Bhphoto, Adorama, Amazon), Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 G Master (BHphoto, Adorama) and Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 G Master (BHphoto, Adorama, Amazon).
Leave a Reply