Here is a new Samyang 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens Review. Julia Trotti published a new video review for the new superb Samyang lens.
Samyang (branded Rokinon in US) AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens ($999 at B&H) is a medium-length telephoto prime lens designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras for portraiture, landscapes and astrophotography.
Samyang Rokinon AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens Features
- Medium-length telephoto prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Ultra-precision aspherical element provides natural and refined bokeh.
- Ultra multicoating reduces flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control.
- Custom switch can be used for lens-based control over select exposure or shooting functions, such as aperture selection, with additional settings coming via future firmware updates.
- Focus hold button lets you keep the lens locked to your desired focusing distance. Also allows you to assign functions such as Eye AF in settings on the camera body.
- Focus limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 27 to 79″ for closeup shooting or 59″ to infinity for standard shooting.
- Astro-focus mode for astrophotography.
- Eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Weather-sealed construction helps protect against dust and moisture.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
See also this video review about the 3 Essential Sony Prime Lenses. These three lenses are Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 G Master (Bhphoto, Adorama, Amazon), Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 G Master (BHphoto, Adorama) and Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 G Master (BHphoto, Adorama, Amazon).