Here are several new Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G Reviews. SonyAlphaBlog, TheDigitalDigest and Photographyblog published their in-depth review and test results for the 16-35mm FE lens.
A compact design with superb optics and a power zoom function makes the Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G (model SELP1635G) an ideal choice for all types of creators, whether that means you shoot video, stills, or both.
See below for the new Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G Reviews.
From SonyAlphaBlog review:
The PZ 16-35mm F4G is an very good all around 16-35 zoom and excellent in video.
For photos if you go with the Sony FE 16-35 mm F2.8 GM you will gain only in the corners and only at 50-61 Mix
For video production the PZ 16-35 F4 G is more handy on a day to day than the excellent but very bulky Sony FEC 16-35mm T3.1 which is more reserved for static production on tripod
From Photographyblog verdict:
Overall, the FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G is a better fit for videographers than photographers, who may not appreciate the slower, looser, unlabeled power zoom control which replaces the traditional mechanical zoom.
On the other hand, it’s precisely that technological development which makes the FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G the smallest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens currently available for Sony Alpha full-frame cameras, so even photographers who only ever shoot stills should seriously consider this lens for its unique blend of portability, features and image quality.
|Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G||Pre-Order||Amazon US, BHphoto|
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Features
- The world’s lightest full-frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens
- Outstanding resolution in an ultralight compact G Lens (12.5 oz)
- Power zoom using 4 XD Linear Motors for responsive operation and control
- Reduced focus breathing/shift for refined movie imagery
- Fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking by 2 XD Linear Motors for movies and stills
- Naturally rendered bokeh and excellent close-up performance (min focus 9.5″)
- Consistent balance for easy handling with internal focus and zoom structures
- Focus, zoom and aperture rings with lock and click on/off functions
- Constant or variable zoom speed from lens or compatible cameras/remotes
- Dust and moisture resistant design and front fluorine coating for reliability