According to latest rumors, Sony is going to announce the high-end/flagship a6700 APS-C mirrorless camera in June or July, along with a new FE 70-200mm f/4 G Macro lens. The Sony a6700 will start shipping in August.
Below are rumored specs of Sony a6700:
- Name: a6700
- 26MP sensor same as Sony FX30
- IBIS: 7 stops
- Ai processor (the same as Sony ZV-E1)
- 6k30p 10bit. 4k120 (1.19 crop). 4k120 will come in FW update along with it
- 3.69m dot viewfinder
- 2 SD/CF type A cards
- The body will be a new design. It will still have the evf on the left, but it will have a scroll wheel on the front under the shutter button. The grip is redesigned and more ergonomic. The body will be about 3mm deeper and 4mm taller.
- Basically it is going to be a stills version of the fx30. Due to the cost of the VF, shutter and a few other things it is looking like the price will be $1999. Should be good value.
- Announcement date: beginning of July.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photograp