Sony a7 IV Firmware Update 1.01 released. Sony a7 IV Firmware Update 1.01 improves Eye AF Accuracy and compatibility with the Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Lens. You can find the details and download the new Sony firmware update below.
Sony a7 IV body (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)
This information is for the following models: ILCE-7M4ILCE-7M4K
Benefits and Improvements
• Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
• Fixes an issue where you may not be able to take photos when using a SEL2860 lens
• Improves the operational stability of the camera
Note: This update is only available for Windows and macOS. A memory card version is not provided.
Download & Installation
• Close all other application software before updating the system software.
• Use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack (NP-FZ100).
• Do not remove the battery during the update as the sudden loss of power may render the camera inoperable.
• Remove the memory card from the camera before starting the update process.
• The system software update will take approximately 30 minutes. Do not allow your computer to go into Sleep mode during this time.
Note: If the computer does go into Sleep mode and the update is interrupted, the entire update process will need to be restarted.
• Do not open About This System Software Updater in the System Software Updater menu as this may cause the software to crash.
• Do not connect the camera to any other devices except your computer.
• Do not connect the camera and computer until instructed to do so.
• Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
• Following the instructions in the System Software Updater window, on the camera, select Menu → Setup → USB → USB Connection, and then check • if Mass Storage(MSC) has been selected. If a mode other than Mass Storage(MSC) is selected, select Mass Storage(MSC).
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE:
Read this section before downloading the file. To install this update, you need to download the Sony Camera Driver first. For details, read the How to download the Sony Camera Driver section in this article.
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following Macintosh versions:
MacOS 10.15, 11, 12
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
• Hard drive space: 900 MB or more
• RAM: 900 MB or more
Download the Sony Camera Driver:
1.Visit the Sony Camera Driver download page and download the appropriate driver:
Note: The Sony Camera Drivers are different for Mac computers with an Intel processor and those with an Apple silicon processor.
• Sony Camera Driver (For Mac computers with Apple silicon)
• Sony Camera Driver (For Mac computers with an Intel processor)
2. Click the Download button.
3. After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
4. Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
On Mac computers with an Apple silicon (Apple M1) processor, you need to change the security policy. The About This Mac screen will show an item labeled Chip, followed by the name of the chip. Refer to the How to change the security policy on Mac computers with Apple silicon article. For Mac computers with an Intel processor, this step is not necessary.
Step 1: How to Install the Sony Camera Driver
1. Close all programs currently running on your computer.
2. Double-click the Camera_Driver_2102a.dmg or Camera_Driver_2110a.dmg file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
Note: If you have already connected the camera to your computer, disconnect it before following the procedure.
3. The Sony Camera Driver Installer is expanded.
4. Double-click the SonyCameraDriver.pkg icon.
5.The installer screen opens. Proceed as instructed.
6.You are prompted to allow the application to install new software. Type the password for the administrative account.
• If the operating system displays the System Extension Blocked dialog message (the actual message will vary depending on the operating system version), click the Open Security Preferences button. The macOS Security & Privacy screen opens.
• If the operating system does not display the System Extension Blocked dialog message, go to Step 2: Start the Updater to continue.
7. In the Security & Privacy screen, open the General tab and then click the key icon. When prompted to enter the password, type the password you used when logging in with the administrator account, and then click the Unlock button.
8. Click the Allow button to allow the system to start loading the system software.
9. After clicking the Allow button, if you are asked to restart, restart the computer and return to the beginning of the update procedure.
10. If the Security & Privacy screen does not disappear, close the window.
Step 2: Install Firmware Update
Follow all Firmware Installation instructions in the download instructions
Leave a Reply