It seems that in a very short time, we will meet the Sony A7R V, which has been rumored for a long time. According to latest rumors Sony will announce the new “Sony A7R V” on October 26th.
Before the official announcement, the final Sony A7R V features are not yet clear, but below you can find the information that was previously published as rumored A7R V specs. Let’s see if we will encounter the 61MP Sony A7R V or the model with the 102MP sensor, as mentioned in the rumor mill. Stay tuned for more information.
Here are the full specifications of the upcoming Sony a7R V (ILCE-7RM5) mirrorless camera.
Rumored Sony a7R V Specifications
- Model ILCE-7RM5
- A redeveloped image sensor with approximately 61 million effective pixels and the latest generation image processing engine capture high-definition subjects with an overwhelming sense of reality.
- Optical low-pass filterless specification that maximizes the sense of resolution
- Achieves approximately twice the high-speed readout compared to conventional models (* α7R IV ratio)
- BIONZ XR with innovative new architecture for the future
- Achieves high resolution, high sensitivity / low noise performance, and wide dynamic range
- When shooting in uncompressed RAW or lossless compressed RAW, the maximum speed is 10 frames/sec
- Supports 4D FOCUS image plane phase difference method, wide range, high speed, high accuracy, high tracking AF
- WIDE: 759 phase difference distance measuring points are arranged at high density in almost the entire area (about 92%) of the image sensor’s imaging screen. The area for contrast AF is 425 points.
- Eye AF right / left eye selection (person / animal)
- Real-time tracking
- Real-time pupil AF (person)
- Real-time Eye AF (Animal)
- Real-time Eye AF (Bird)
- Achieves high-precision AF distance measurement in the low-brightness environment of EV-4
- High-precision and stable color reproduction
- 1200 split live view analysis metering
- Low vibration and high durability shutter
- Mechanical structure that suppresses blurring
- Optical 5-axis in-body image stabilization that achieves a 5.5-step correction effect
- Pixel shift multi shooting
- Advantages unique to 16-image generation images (higher pixel count)
- Get more accurate R / G / B information by shooting 16 shots
- High-efficiency compression / compression / lossless compression / uncompressed RAW
- 10-bit recording HEIF format adopted and new viewing style “HLG still image mode”
- Full size / APS-C shooting seamless switching
- The latest electronic viewfinder that uses a high-definition OLED with approximately 9.44 million dots and an eyepiece optical system and mechanism.
- 3.0-inch tiltable LCD monitor with approximately 2.36 million dots that also supports touch operations on menus
- New touch-enabled menu configuration and improved touch operability
- High-resolution 8K (* maximum 30fps) video recording with all-pixel readout 9.6K oversampling (at full size) without pixel addition
- High resolution 4K (* up to 60fps) video recording with oversampling in both full size / Super 35mm
- “S & Q mode” for high-quality slow and quick motion shooting
- Achieves oversampling full HD 120fps video recording
- “Flexible exposure setting mode” that allows automatic/manual switching settings when shooting movies
- High-performance image stabilization “active mode” that strongly supports handheld video recording
- “Breathing correction” suppresses fluctuations in the angle of view during focusing and supports high-quality expression
- Creator’s long-awaited focus map that visualizes the depth of field of the image and reduces the load of focusing settings
- “AF transition speed” and “AF transfer sensitivity” that enables focus work left to the camera when shooting movies
- Compatible with S-Cinetone, S-Log, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
- Beautiful skin effect that brightens and cleans the skin even during video recording and live streaming
- 4: 2: 2 10bit recording is possible in both the camera body and Long GOP / Intra
- High-quality All Intra recording (when recording XAVC S-I)
- MPEG-H HEVC / H.265 codec recording (when recording XAVC HS)
- “Proxy recording” photo rumors that support efficient video editing
- Custom settings that allow you to zoom as you wish
- Highlighting that shows at a glance during video recording
- Zebra function, peaking function (red, yellow, white, blue)
- Gamma display assist (off, auto, S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG (BT.2020), HLG (709))
- Newly developed heat dissipation structure that enables continuous recording for a long time
- The heat dissipation effect of Sony’s original internal structure is about 5 times that of the conventional model (α7R IV).
- Anti-dust system that removes dust
- Designed for more dust and water resistance
- Full magnesium alloy body for high robustness
- Digital audio interface capable of high-quality sound recording
- Achieves highly efficient FTP transfer function
- Wi-Fi compliant, IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz band / 5GHz band)
- Bluetooth standard Ver. 5.0 (2.4GHz band)
- Equipped with synchro terminal
- SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (USB 3.2) compatible USB Type-C terminal installed
- High-speed charging with USB PD (Power Delivery) support
- Dual slot for CFexpress Type A memory card
- HDMI micro terminal (type D)
Read more Sony Rumors and Sony News.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Leave a Reply