Designed for E-mount camera systems, the US price of the lens is $1,200 and available for pre-order. This is a pretty reasonable price for a lens like this and we think it is going to be quite a popular lens for Sony full-frame E-mount users.
The Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G is the sixth consumer power zoom for the E-mount system and the second of them to cover the full-frame format.
A compact design with superb optics and a power zoom function makes the Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G (model SELP1635G) an ideal choice for all types of creators, whether that means you shoot video, stills, or both. This ultra-wide lens is among the lightest in its class and the constant f/4 aperture strikes an ideal balance that is bright enough for available-light shooting while remaining portable for all-day shoots.
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Features
- The world’s lightest full-frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens
- Outstanding resolution in an ultralight compact G Lens (12.5 oz)
- Power zoom using 4 XD Linear Motors for responsive operation and control
- Reduced focus breathing/shift for refined movie imagery
- Fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking by 2 XD Linear Motors for movies and stills
- Naturally rendered bokeh and excellent close-up performance (min focus 9.5″)
- Consistent balance for easy handling with internal focus and zoom structures
- Focus, zoom and aperture rings with lock and click on/off functions
- Constant or variable zoom speed from lens or compatible cameras/remotes
- Dust and moisture resistant design and front fluorine coating for reliability