The latest rumor suggests Sony will announce a new Sony RX10 V high-power zoom camera with a fixed lens in late 2022 or earlier.
Sony RX10 V rumored specs
- AI / computational technology will be installed in Sony cameras for the first time.
- Improved design and ergonomics.
- Removal of the flash
- Incorporation of the a6600 battery (NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion)
- The lens is the same as the Sony RX10 IV (ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.4-4 Zoom Lens)
- This camera will feature blackout free EVF bursts up to 24FPS.
The current Sony RX10 IV is a bridge camera (a non-compact camera with a fixed lens), it is a very easy-to-use camera with the stacked CMOS sensor, image plane phase detection AF and α series AF performance. I think that many people expect the completed “RX10 V” equipped with the latest AF algorithm and system.
This info is NOT confirmed by trusted sources, so just take it with a grain of salt!