The new Tokina atx-m 11-18mm f/2.8 E lens for Sony E-mount cameras is now available for pre-order at B&HPhoto.
The Tokina atx-m 11-18mm F2.8 E is the first super wide angle zoom lens in Tokina’s product line-up designed exclusively for mirrorless cameras. It features a fast f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, and a 11-18mm (17-27mm in 35mm equivalent) zoom stored in a compact and lightweight body for hybrid users who shoot stills and video.
The new optical formula features a 67mm front filter and has 13 elements in 11 groups. Inside are two aspherical elements and two super-low dispersion elements for chromatic aberration and coma control—great for wide-angle astrophotography. A 9-blade rounded aperture diaphragm gives great rendition of out-of-focus highlights for excellent bokeh—especially when used with its 7.4″ close-focus capability.
The autofocus ST-M motor is designed for near-silent operation and is compatible with Sony’s 5-axis image stabilization systems, Direct Manual Focus, MF Assist Mode, Eye AF, and in-camera Optical Correction technology.
Tokina atx-m 11-18mm f/2.8 E Lens featrures
- 11-18mm super wide angle zoom for dynamic landscape, architecture and astrophotography
- Fast f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range for shallower depth-of-field, and 9 blades rounded diaphragm for soft bokeh background
- Compact and lightweight design to carry while travelling, or attaching to gimbals
- 2 aspherical and 2 super low-dispersion glass elements suppress chromatic aberrations
- Superb optical design performs rich color reproduction, low distortion and low light fall-off
- Short minimum focusing distance to create unique wide-angle macro images with perspective effect
- Silent ST-M motor unit for fast and precise auto focusing operations in still and video modes
- Full compatibility with Sony E cameras, including Image Stabilization, Direct Manual Focus, MF Assist mode, Eye AF and optical corrections
- Micro USB port (Type B) for firmware updates
More details about the can be found below: